I spent the afternoon at the pool with the boys. They were both in bed by 10:30 PM without any urging or insistence from me. I’d say this is shaping up to be a great summer.
I’ve learned a lot of things this week, some of which are not suitable for the blog, mostly because I would be fifty shades of red sharing them with you.
Here’s what I can share:
1. It is perfectly LEGAL to slide into first base on the little league level. I was surprised to learn this after three seasons of little league baseball. (And, as I shared last week, it is NOT legal to slide head-first into any base).
2. For a diet drink, diet Mountain Dew is pretty good.
3. It is possible to apply sunscreen three times within a seven hour period, and still get a mild sunburn.
4. When your third grader comes home all excited because his teacher has announced that tomorrow is ”game day” and that electronic devices will be permitted in school, you should take all but one stylus, and all but, maybe two games out of the case so that those things will not get “lost” and find their way to a new home.
5. I have really come to enjoy the sport of baseball. So much so, that the boys and I actually watched a MLB game on television last night.
6. Microfiber furniture is easy to clean, thankfully.
7. The iPad comes with a great Books APP installed on it. It is user friendly with lots of options.
8. I love options.
9. I STILL WANT A SATURN SKY BADLY. (Anybody wanna buy a van?)
Now, what did YOU learn this week?
For complete carnival rules, click here.
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog.
2. Within that post, please mention the What I Learned This Week carnival and link back to this post here at From Inmates To Playdates. If you donâ€™t know how to link, feel free to ask me.
3. Then link up with Mr. Linky down below.
4. Visit the other participants and see what they learned this week. Then leave a comment because comments are fun!