I love to travel.
Well, actually I like to visit new places, and sleep in hotels (yay for free breakfast, a pool and maid service!) and visit family in other states. I don’t so much like the actual travelling to get there. In fact, I rarely stay awake when travelling in a car, but if I am awake, I usually play Words With Friends or nose around on the Facebook.
McDaddy told his sister a few days ago that travelling with me – pre iPhone - was not fun.
This was a shock to me because really, I thought anything with me was fun.
It got me to thinking about my life pre iPhone, and it dawned on me that sadly, I can barely remember what life was like pre iPhone. And then I thought, why would I want to?
Before the iPhone….
- I didn’t spend nearly the amount of time in the bathroom as I do now.
- I used a pocket calendar to record every single appointment and rarely missed one.
- I never worried about leaving home without a cell phone charger in my purse.
- I had no idea RAJ, TAJ and HAJ were “words.”
- I had to carry a camera if I wanted to take a picture.
- I checked my e-mail once a day. In the evening.
- Same with Facebook.
- The only notes I wrote were on a notepad.
- I depended on the news to deliver the weather report.
- I purchased CDs.
- I sometimes forgot to set my alarm clock.
- I used a cell phone to call people. Period.
- The only time I listened to KLOVE was in the car.
- If I wanted to do price comparison I had to drive to different stores.
Somewhere McDaddy is rolling his eyes while reading this on his iTouch.
And smiling because I’m probably beside of him on my iPhone.