Once upon a time there were two little boys.
The boys, while different as night and day, were the best of the friends.
They were also, without doubt, the most accident-prone boys on the planet.
And by some sort of crazy twist of fate, all of it has happened right under their mama’s nose.
Don’t ask me how that happens.
You might remember, I was with Alex when he took a bite of a peanut butter cookie and ended up in the ER. I was just feet away from Stevie when he wrecked his bike on a camping trip and passed the heck out in the middle of the road. I was also right there, just inches away when Stevie swallowed the penny. Likewise, I was right there when Alex fell into a cactus. McDaddy and I were both home when Alex injected himself with his EpiPen to show his friend how it works.
Sometimes I think I should go live somewhere else, just so my kids can be safe.
And just today, I heard the cry of a kid that was hurt.
And I knew it was bad.
When I got to my boy, this is what I saw.
Much to my surprise, the wound did not bleed much.
It was however, twice as nasty as it appears to be in this picture.
And speaking of pictures, when I snapped this picture with my phone at the Urgent Care just before it was sewn up, my sweet [six-year old] Alex said, “Mom, don’t put this on Facebook. It is my private business.”
He did not however, mention anything about the blog.
Six shots of numbing medicine and five stitches later, we were released to come home.
And with that, this mama has survived yet another medical mishap here at the McResidence.