Here’s what I learned this week.
1. After 11 years, I had forgotten how painful a kidney stone can be.
2. After 11 years, I had forgotten that really dark pee probably means you have a kidney stone.
3. A kidney stone can cause you to puke your guts out.
4. Once you experience the first twinge of pain in the kidney, you have approximately 45 minutes before the pain gets unbearable.
5. Once a shot of pain medication is given in the hospital, the pain will subside in less than five minutes.
6.†A kidney stone can cause fever, chills,†nausea, vomiting, and sweating.
7. If pain medicine helps the pain of a kidney stone, there’s a good chance you will pass it. If pain medication does not help the pain, it could be lodged somewhere and you might need a CT Scan.
8. It is never a good idea to eat two tacos after a trip to the emergency room for a kidney stone.
9. The pain medication they sent me home with made me itch all night long.
Thatís what I learned this week.
Now, what did YOU learn?
To join in on the What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps.
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and link to this post.
2. Link up with the Mr. Linky form down below. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.
Alrightythen. Ready, Set, GO!